1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cant find burner!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by menewfy, Jan 2, 2005.

1. menewfy

menewfy Guest

ok if someone would help me i sure would appreeiate it.

i have a benq dual layer burner. i have installed nero and dvd shrink that i got from a friend.
    when i was at his place he showed me what to do, but when i got home my version was different and he could not help me.

when i put in a movie and hit backup it shows me the right screen, or atleast the same as his.
    what is different is when i pull the drop box it does not give me the option to burn to my dvd burner. how would i get this to work?

thank you

2. bchaffer

bchaffer Member

try re-installing shrink then nero

3. menewfy

menewfy Guest

sorry that did not work the only two options i have are when i hit backup. it allows me to select for target only hard disk folder or iso image. i need to know what to do for it to allow me to select my e: drive where the burner is.

4. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

then try creating the ISO image and then burning that.

5. menewfy

menewfy Guest

well i got it to work after all but perhaps i can ask you another question.

i am running a pci card with my theatre if you are aware of this software perhaps you can tell me, how do i get dvd shrink to recognize it as something i can transfer to dvd?

6. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

Dvd Shrink won't work with a pci card. that's not what it's designed to do.

7. menewfy

menewfy Guest

ok so is there any software out there that will convert the files to the format i need?
    this was the sole purpose for buying the burner, so that i could burn satelitte movies onto dvd.
    thanks
    tim

8. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

i'm a little confused by what you're saying, but from what i can tell, here's what you have and what you need: you have a tv tuner pci card. you need to pick up some software (such as Pinnacle Studio 8) that can record from that card. usually, some is included. then you need a program (Nero or Pinnacle Studio) that can take that video file, edit it, and encode it to dvd-compliant mpeg 2. then, with the burner you have now, use the the editing program or any burning program to write that movie file to disc.

9. menewfy

menewfy Guest

ok ty i will try that.
    but unfortunitly i ran into another problem last night. that is when i am copying straight from disk 2 disk sometimes and not always but sometimes it will stop burning about 1/3 of the way through. it just stopps sounds and looks like it is still going. but leave it for one hour and still says same % done. any ideas.
    signed
    dvd burner stupido