1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CANT FINISH DISK?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by blarg111, Feb 6, 2005.

1. blarg111

blarg111 Member

I just built a new rig. I got all the part off newegg, and i got an ASUS drw-1604. Im using Nero 6.0.0.0, now everytime, i try to burn a dvd-iso, it gets to 99%, the buffer drops, and i get a message "burn process failed" "can not finish disk", i have tried slower burn speeds, increasing ultra buffer, flashing, new version of firmware, still the same result. What do I do? i have made 10 great coasters out of this though.

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

What is the size of the file you are trying to burn. It sounds like it is just a little too big to fit the disc and Nero is possibly running out of space. Another possibility is that you are using poor quality blank media which have more possibility of write errors as you get to the outer edge of the blank disc. That would also cause that problem. Usually if you get that far into a burn (99%) the programs are all working and its something else causing the problem.
    Use a RW disc till you get the problem corrected. Helps stop coasters.

Jerry

Last edited: Feb 6, 2005
  3. blarg111

blarg111 Member

the file is only 711 megs, just a little too big to fit on a cd-r. im Using verbatim "digital movie dvd+r", the ones that look like movie reels. I am about to go and get some rw's.

4. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Well the file isn't too big and Verbatim blanks are usually pretty good. What file format is the 711mb in? This isn't an AVI that needs converted?

Jerry

5. blarg111

blarg111 Member

it is an AVI, but im only trying to burn it as data, it has done it with any data i have tried to burn. I was trying to clear up some space on the hard drive until my 120 gig, gets here.

6. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

For straight data discs I open Nero Express--click make data disc. Then click the add button on the right and browse to the location of the file I want to burn. Click that file and it should show up in the left window. When all files you want to burn are in that window click burn. I also check the box for allow multisession so I can add more files later if needed. I don't know if this is what you are doing or not, but it works for me.

Jerry

7. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

Just for a matter of fact... I also have a Asus DRW-1604P and my firmware is 1.18. I've only had it for 2 months and not one coaster, even at 16X with Sony 8X DVD-R media, "SONY08D1". This is one of the rated media ASUS "specs" for this burner which by the way is really a NEC under the hood.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2005