1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't format CD-RW! Bad media?

Discussion in 'CD-R(W) Media' started by NisMax, Oct 29, 2002.

1. SPECLKAF

SPECLKAF Guest

Thanks,

I will buying some "good brands" this weekend, and leaving the "memorex" RW CDs right where I am, right now: "on the shelf"!!!

SPECIAL K

2. SPECLKAF

SPECLKAF Guest

THIS IS THE LETTER I WROTE TO THE MEMOREX CORP.

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN:

DEAR MEMOREX CORPORATION:

For more than a year, I have been buying your "Memorex CD-RW (700MB, 80 Minute, 4x Multi-Speed) because of the name of "Memorex". I have talked to Hewlett Packard, and Compaq Tech Depts (now a subsidiary of HP), requesting support and complaining.

But, fortunately of ny never-give-up work ethic, I continue to purse tha answer to my problem, until tonight. I stumbled across a website that featured other customers, like myself, who were having similar problems. Customers, as far back as October, 2002, all had the same problem: Memorex RW CDs were not working---they were failing to "format" and or retain files.

My most recent purchases included two boxes; however, as stated above, I have been buying these products for more than a year. The previous RW CDs will not play and or will not properly erase and/or continue to not format.

It is not the computer, because I have both a HP and a Compaq. I have used different RWs, and consistently have problems with "Memorex". And, this is the consensus of everyone who has posted messages, for the last six months.

So, with that stated, how can "Memorex" lift my spirits, and convert me from an unhappy, dissatisfied and frustrated customer?

Thank you, in advance, for your assistance, due diligence, support and prompt response.

Kenneth A. Fennal

3. SPECLKAF

SPECLKAF Guest

I recently, today-Sunday, bought some "Sony CD-RWs to drag files onto, after formatting. Does anybody know if I could/would have problems with the RWs???