1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cant FTP no matter what i do.HELP.

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by Pontius, Aug 31, 2004.

1. Pontius

Pontius Regular member

I have flashed my xecuter 2.3 lite with EvoX M7 and i have used slayers boot CD V 2.5 and have EvoX dashboard +3921 on my xbox.

This is what i do.I connect my xbox to PC with a cat 5e cross over cable.The IP address 16.91.4.0 comes up on my EvoX dash.I open up flashFXP and click on quick connect.I put the IP 16.91.4.0 in server or URL.Then i put user name and password as xbox.When I click connect it says connecting to 16.91.4.0 in green writing.Then it says connection failed (connection refused) in red writing.

I dont know what i am doing wrong.The crossover cable is working because an orange light comes on beside the ethernet port.Can someone please help me or tell me where to get a guide which explians EXACTLY what to do.Any replys greatly appreciated.

2. Pontius

Pontius Regular member

Now it says (connection timed out) in red.What do i do now?

3. mess1

mess1 Regular member

That is a super strange IP address. Set it staticly to one away from your computer's IP. You can find out what your computer's ip is by typing ipconfig at a command prompt.

4. Pontius

Pontius Regular member

I got it to FTP by useing leapFTP.Now all i need to know is how to transfer files from xbox to my PC.

I have put in a game into my xbox then i click on D in leapFTP and all the files on the D drive come up.Then when i try to transfer them it says at the bottom that it will take about 29:48:24.Does this mean it will take 29 hours?If so is there a way to speed it up or a different way to transfer files useing leapFTP.The speed it is currently going at is 5.34KB/s

5. Pontius

Pontius Regular member

I got it working.But i am having trouble getting my backups to play.I have memorex 4x DVD-Rs and traxdata DVD-Rs.I have a philips drive in my xbox.Can someone please tell me what media is best and what website to get it off.