1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cant FTP to xbox dvd drive, please help

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by Raptorman, Oct 10, 2003.

1. Raptorman

Raptorman Guest

I just got a premodded xbox and have been trying to backup my games. I can FTP into the xbox and upload and download files but when I try to select D drive I see the following files and folders: Bios(folder),
    Skin(folder), Trainers(folder), default.xbe,
    EvolutionX Build 3921.nfo, evox.ini, items.txt and readme.txt. I see these folders regardles of whether or not there is a game in the dvd rom. I have checked all the other drives and, I cant find the game files anywhere, the games play fine from the dvd. Can someone please help I am tearing out my hair over this.

2. GetModded

GetModded Guest

If your using a boot disc to load the EvolutionX dash then after you remove the disc to load a game use the refresh option in your FTP program.
    RustyDog

3. Raptorman

Raptorman Guest

thanks for the reply but I'm not using a boot disc or even Evox, Im using a dash called nextgen.

4. JuanTime

JuanTime Member

I got the same problem but am using Evox. Boxplorer reads D: from within ok, but FTP gives me the contents of C:. The
    rest are fine. Can even plug in a mem card and it shows up.
    Could it possibly be a format or size issue?
    Will post solution if I find one.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2003
  5. Piggy

Piggy Member

Yeh, I have the same problem...real pain in the !**% isn't it...There must be something we are all doing similar, software, BIOS, Hardware. I have a version XBOX 1.1, Xecuter 2.2 Pro, BIOS Executer 4978, Evox 1.8 3752, Philips DVD ROM. We can rule out Evox, as one of you guys uses Nexgen Dash, but is it the BIOS version, or perhaps the Philips DVD?

Post your SYS Info up guys and let's see what the common denominator is...

Piggy

6. Gazzabenn

Gazzabenn Guest

i have the same problem i am using xecuter 2 4978.03 bios and evox 3921 has anyone solved this problem yet? Is it the bios?

7. Piggy

Piggy Member

Mmmm...I wonder, cause I use the 4978 BIOS also...C'mon guys what BIOS do you use?

Piggy:)

8. Gazzabenn

Gazzabenn Guest

Just changed bios to evox M7 and all works fine now!

9. JuanTime

JuanTime Member

Was using same bios also.
    Switched to M7 as well and good to go.

Wonder if it was a combo of other things as
    well or just the bios. Would think if that
    bios version had no D: browsing we would see
    more on the subject.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2003
  10. Piggy

Piggy Member

Yep, It's the 4987 BIOS that causes the problem. Flashed to evox M7 ef BIOS, and I can now see my d: drive...Whaaaheeey...I am hoping this has sorted the probs I had running games from HDD as well. I'll try that 2mrw though.

Thanks guys...This is a great forum ;-)

11. Gazzabenn

Gazzabenn Guest

The xbox version 1.0 and 1.1 doen not work very well with this bios. Go to www.xecuter2.com

12. joe912

joe912 Guest

i am using the mechassault with evox save game to load evox. when i load the evox dashboard it says my ip in the upper left hand corner of the screen. so i go on my computer on the same lan and try to acsess the xbox. when i hit connect all i get is a timeout error.
    is their a tutorial for installing the audio hack with evolution x. i want evo x because i have seen all the tutorials written for it.
    thanks for the help in advance

13. djoner

djoner Guest

im havign trouble installing th em7 bios,i made afodler in my c drive called bios,then put the m7 bin in there,but now what.i dont have a system utilites option under system settigns to flash the bios,any other ways to do this?

14. Scot

Scot Regular member

What dashboard are you running? Are you sure that there is no option in the settings that will allow you to do and onboard bios flash? I might update your dash to the evox 3921 dash it works very nice with the m7 bios. I updated my dash first then updated the bios after the new dash was installed so I cant say weather there was a option to flash in my old dash .

15. bhider1

bhider1 Member

I have a softmodded xbox x1.1 with evox and bert and ernie exploit running. I cant flash the bios because the tsop points are not connected. I also have the same damn problem not being able to copy games to the harddrive. When I use xbcopy all i get is video files. Can I fix this without flashing????

16. mokey

mokey Guest

CAN ANYBODY TELL ME WHERE I CAN GET EVOX I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOREVER I JUST NEED EVOX, AN FTP OR ANYTHING WOULD BE GREAT PLEASE HELP ME OUT!!!

17. Billyfett

Billyfett Regular member

got to google and search for it there are a bunch of french and german sites that have xbox hack downloads. just click on the translate web page. search and ye shall find

18. richard77

richard77 Member

mokey if u have mIRC click this link (or copy and paste it into your browser) irc://irc.zoite.net/xboxemu and when in the channel type !help
    then when you are familiar with the commands type
    !xbox3r.

Richard

19. richard77

richard77 Member

mokey if u have mIRC click this link (or copy and paste it into your browser) irc://irc.zoite.net/xboxemu and when in the channel type !help
    !xbox3r.

Richard

20. richard77

richard77 Member

!xbox3r.

Richard