1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cant get Daemon virtual drive to appear

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by tlconley, Mar 29, 2007.

1. tlconley

tlconley Member

I had been using daemon on this computer for a while with no problems.
    The problem started when I installed a second dvd drive, I installed a few dif drivers but couldn’t get the drive to work.. I have since removed the drive but now have a prob getting daemon to apply the virtual drive. Every time I start daemon, I get a message saying new hardware found and it adds this SCSI driver: WB3580S UHP256k SCSI CD Rom Device <--(maybe a generic driver installed with the dvd drive I tried)
    And no virtual drive is applied!

I am on win XP

2. marsey99

marsey99 Regular member

try reinstalling dt with the new dvd drive in.

3. tlconley

tlconley Member

So far that doesnt seem to work, the thing is that I cant find a driver for this dvd rom drive, its a LG GDR8161B its made by Hitachi, and came out in a compaq I believe.

When I plug the drive in I get a drive letter for it ,drive f: so it skips drive E. for some reason, when I add drives in DT it just installs another driver. WB3580S UHP256k SCSI CD Rom Device and no new drive appears in my computer.

Is there a way, to clean out the drivers in windows. I;m not even sure if formatting C: will fix it, this is a gateway PC with recovery disks..

Thanks for any info.
    TC