1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cant get disc to eject

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by ranger1, Oct 22, 2007.

1. ranger1

ranger1 Member

i have a cello dr-810 which is recording and playing back as normal but i cant get the disc to eject. tried unplugging.any suggestions apart from the obvious (take a hammer to it)lol.

2. hleonard

hleonard Member

Hi Ranger. I had the same problem recently with my Panasonic DVD recorder. I took it to a workshop where they told me the RAM drive was shot and quoted AUD650 (about GBP285) to fix it. The bulk of that was the new drive. I went out and bought a new Panasonic DMR-EX77, with a HDD, which the old one didn't have, for AUD632! As the workshop guy remarked, "They really don't want you to repair these machines, which is why the charge so much for the parts". I hope you've had more luck with yours!

3. ranger1

ranger1 Member

thanks for the reply. the cello only cost £60,it was a new stores opening offer 2 yrs.ago so def not worth sending for repair.looks like i will have to shop around and buy a new one.

4. Allegro1

Allegro1 Regular member

I've had problems with a couple of players not recognizing burned DVD's and locking up. Try plugging in the unit while pressing the eject button, or power button, or both. You can't lose anything right? If worst comes to worst, just take the thing apart and look for the typical PC manual eject lever just under the tray.