1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cant get xbmp to play anything!!

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by dav.id, Jul 15, 2003.

1. dav.id

dav.id Member

ive looked everywhere to find info about playing files on xbmp but cant seem to find much does anyone know whats needed to be able to play an avi file from a dvdr/w what u need to do with nero i noticed there is an force xbox compliance box to tick in the nero settings it burns it ok but i just get unkown disk come up on the evo dash board and nothing at all with xbmp im really stuck help needed cheers

2. FrEnZy

FrEnZy Member

IMPORTANT: This is just an idea that needs to be tested.

EXAMPLE:
    As you might know to copy games requires a tool like GDFImage; to make ISO's of the game and ready to be burnt to DVDR.

ANSWER:
    If this made games work then im sure to play ur media files on a DVDR will work if u use GDFImage.

Good luck, hope this info helped and if ur not sure of how to get or use GDFI type programs then ask us and we may reply in due time.

3. FrEnZy

FrEnZy Member

I've tested it and the DVDRs that were made with GDFI works fine in loading any media for xbox media player!

That solved it and remember that its best to use on a DVDRW and not waste a DVDR.