1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't get Xvid to work in Windows 7 x64

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by janlafata, Feb 2, 2010.

1. janlafata

janlafata Regular member

I tried the x32 version and it installed but would not configure. I would try the x64 version if I could find it. One site I thought it was on for download was in Russian! One of the reasons I'm even thinking of installing it, is because when I run VirtualDub x64 it calls for it.

2. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

What are you trying to accomplish with VirtualDub?

3. janlafata

janlafata Regular member

Basically all I'm trying to do is some fade-in's and fade-outs on AVI clips. As a matter of fact, since i started using Windows 7 x64, I've been having trouble getting the "FadeFX" plugin of VirtualDub to work properly. It's not completely fading out to black and you can still see a very light part of the clip. But I just discovered that AVIDemux has a fade option to so I'm messing around with that to see if it will do what I need. I should mention that I'm using the x32 version of VirtualDub

4. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

Why use the x64 VirtualDub? Try the 32-bit version. I have Vista x64, any application I have, I try to use the 32 bit version for less headaches.

Here's where you can find a x64 buid of xvid:

http://tirnanog.fate.jp/mirror/XviD/

Last edited: Feb 3, 2010
  5. janlafata

janlafata Regular member

I am using the x32 of VirtualDub. The only reason I even thought about using the x64 was that, like I said, I was having trouble getting the Fade plugin on it to work right and I thought that maybe installing the x32 Xvid might help, but I can't get it to install. I'm assuming that if I did switch over to the x64 VD it might not accept the x32 of Divx though?

6. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

Yes, that's what will probably happen, the x64 VDub will not work with the x86 Xvid...
    Sorry, cannot be of more help...How's Avidemux working?