1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cant install Windows - its a Loop

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by shocksl, Mar 25, 2007.

1. shocksl

shocksl Member

Hey guys

On my other PC the computer doesnt start up. So I tried installing Windows with original discs. Win 2000 or XP (got both).

However it goes to the bit up to formatting the Hardrive. But once that is done, It restarts again. Its like a loop. Ive even tried taking the disc out after formatting when it restarts. But no luck.

What can this be? and how can I install windows?

Thank you

Sandy

2. irongiant

irongiant Regular member

Well usually windows after formatting the hdd it loads all the files to the hard drive then restart if when it restart u hit the key to boot up from the cd is gonna go thru the whole process again, so just let computer format the drive, it will restart once is done loading the drive it will ask to hit any key to boot from the cd, don't hit any this time, it will then boot to the hard drive and continue the installation. if for some reason wont do it, you probably have a corrupted hard drive. Good luck.

3. spymxc

spymxc Member

There is a possiblity that your power supply is not working well anymore samething happend to me all i did was replced my powersupply it works fine

4. 3lement

3lement Regular member

Yea just let windows do its thing. I dont suggest using 2000 because i had it on my old computer (really old computer) and after awhile it corrupts itself. id go with xp and see if you can install it again if it doesnt work call microsoft.