1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cant lock hard drive with xboxhdm 1.9

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by 420smoker, Feb 28, 2008.

1. 420smoker

420smoker Guest

i know i have the right eprom bin file found it in tdata folder
    and i know its not my pc nforce 650i ultra motherbord intel core2 duo 2.20ghz processor with 2 gigs memory so i know its not my pc i have also burned the disk 5 diffrent times the hard drive is a seagate 500gig model number is st3500630a i buld the hd from scatch got past every thing but locking it i type [lockhd-a']like it tells me but nothing happens i have done this before with a 250gig hd and had no problem besides it told me hd was frozen but i got past it
    any help
    ps i have tryed this on 4 diffrent pc and the same thing happens

2. corn

corn Guest

3. 420smoker

420smoker Guest

yes it says it can be done

4. 420smoker

420smoker Guest

sorry for the double post but i found the disk that worked the first time i upgraded and it dose the same thing it lets me in bulids hd from scatch and everthing els but lock i tell it to [lockhd-a']or any outher locking ways and it gose and sits at command promt looks like this

root@xbox-hdm:/lockhd-a'

>_
    and i let it sit for 1 hour nothing i never have to post but this i dont know i have looked and looked but nothing
    please any help i have tryed on five diffrent pc old and new

5. Tomish

Tomish Member

I too am having a similar problem. Sorry for adding to your thread. Just didn't want to make two threads about the exact same thing.

Well, I want to put a Maxtor 120 GB HDD into an xbox. I have downloaded the program, made copies of my old xbox hdd and I am pretty sure done everything right by putting everything where it's suppose to be. I burnt many disks trying and all same results. I can format it, and go through all the steps, but am confused on two things.

The first being that how do I reboot my comp to get back to the first screen to lock my now formatted HDD without wiping the HDD clear from it not being locked and taking power away from it. Know what I mean?

The second problem is, when I just try and go ahead and restart it anyways and lock it, it asks for what purpose will I use the xbox hdd for. I type the option of a out of the 3 to choose from so it chooses the eeprom code automatically. It then says it doesn't know how to get password.

That is it. I even tried making a locking unlocking floppy with the lock code on it, and it didn't help. After typing( lockhd a ) it just says don't know how to get password. So I cannot do anything or finish it by locking it. Can anyone help me? Please? I know I have not been around for awhile, I am sorry. As many others have, I have been busy with other things, but still will never get this place out of my head lol. I really want to get this HDD in my xbox. Please help me by telling me what I am doing wrong.

6. 420smoker

420smoker Guest

i finnaly got it had to lock it with floppy and type password in Tomish
    make sure you have the right eeprom i got mine from softmod installer sid4.0 when you backup eeprom add move it to where ever you whant and remake disk and then start up xboxhdm go in to option 1 and then make floppy with unlocking locking tools and your eeprom sould be in there so get your pc back up in windows and look in the floppy for the password should say [hd password]and print it then boot up the floppy and type ether lockx,lockhd or lockxhd i cant rememberbut if you type[dir] at command prompt you can figer it out and you will have to type in password so be very carefull and check it over and over
    hope this helps

7. Tomish

Tomish Member

there are 3 options to choose from, lockhd a, f, or p I think. A is automatic. f is floppy and p is type it in manually. I have tried every option. It still just says don't know how to get password. I even checked if my hdd is lockable and it is. I have made so many boot cd's lol I'm pretty sure I got my eeprom from the right place. I ftp'd my whole c and e drives to my comp, from there I got my files I needed. I can always make a new disk I guess. I just feel dumb, no one else has these problems lol

8. 420smoker

420smoker Guest

then just keep trying diffrent pcs my pc told me that the hd could not be locked so i tryed it on another pc and it worked

9. C4RN1

C4RN1 Regular member

Does it say it's not able to be locked or are you typing the wrong command? You have to watch it with xboxhdm because sometimes it says type yes, sometimes it says type y.

Type "lockhd -a" there has to be a space after d. this is important. Also you can try to go into the bios and set up your hard drive for user instead of automatic detection.

Let me know if this helped.

I've modded 30 plus xbox's and never ran into this problem.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2008
  10. 420smoker

420smoker Guest

my new pc was the problem it just wouldnt let me lock it but it keep telling me that my hd could not be locked but i had checked the xbox hd chart and it sayed that it can lock so i tryed sevral diffrent pcs and i finnaly it got done

i have also done this several times in the past but i up graded my bios on my pc and now there is no way to do it on that pc unless i down grade my bios

11. Tomish

Tomish Member

Thanks for the info C4RN1. I am pretty sure I have the space there, do you need the - part as well? I'll keep trying. I really appreciate the help. I have looked everywhere, and this place is the only place that would help. Really thank you to everyone. Especially to 420smoker and C4RN1

12. C4RN1

C4RN1 Regular member

lockhd -a <-----exactly how it is right there

You can also put eeprom.bin file on a floppy disk and tell it to use that file.

Yeah it's not a problem i've been helping people with cars, computers, xbox's you name it i've done it.

If anyone needs to talk to me my sn is available by PM.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2008
  13. Tomish

Tomish Member

C4RN1 you are my hero! It worked sort of lol. It got past the part I always get stuck on, but right before it locked, it said it was frozen.

" Drive on Primary Master is frozen. Cannot change the security status of a frozen drive! Try to disable 'automatic detection' on the primary ide channel in your BIOS and reboot."

This in a way sounds simple, but I'm not computer smart. lol Everything I know about xbox, and computers, I learned on my own. Believe me, I played around with my xbox, making errors and fixing it again. This is just the first time I have tried to make a bigger hdd for it. I even modified the save files for modding an xbox so it all fits onto a memory card. All I have to do now for someone is put in S.C. game and pop in my memory card. Transfer the files and bam. two min it's done. Anyways, sorry for straying. Is my HDD frozen for good?

14. 420smoker

420smoker Guest

to get past a frozen hd unplug the ide cable the big flat one and
    boot xboxhdm at menu plug ide back in then try to lock it
    this is how i got past that problem

hope this helps

15. C4RN1

C4RN1 Regular member

Get into your computer bios by pressing either escape or f1 or f2 at the boot screen. If your comp is a compaq then when it says compaq on the screen keep pressing esc. You should see a message on the bottom saying Press f1 for setup or something like that.

When you get into the bios it will look something like this
    [​IMG]
    Change this auto setting by selecting it and pressing the + key on your keyboard until you get to user. Your screen will look like this.

[​IMG]
    When you have user selected save and exit out of the bios menu and restart xboxhdm.

Hope this helps

Note: i did this at 5:20am for the hell of it. Ignore the mspaint circles. :-D

16. Tomish

Tomish Member

Thank you for all of your help C4RN1. Exactly what you troubleshooted for me worked. I was able to change my bios and lock my HDD. From there I had the xbox HDD modified to where I want it now. I'm adding as many old game rom packs as possible. Thanks again for all your help. If you need anything related to xbox that you're stuck on, please let me know if I can help. Again, granted this is the first time I have upgraded HDD's but there is LOTS more about xbox I have interest and experience in. Well, off to take all my BEAD disks I have and rom packs and add them to my hdd. The cd's are just getting scratched up now anyways. lol Thanks again to both C4RN1 and 420smoker. You two both are cool people. I will help you wherever I can.

17. C4RN1

C4RN1 Regular member

Hey not a problem i sold over $1000 in xbox's this week so eh it's good luck to help the community i guess. Really i love helpin people I'm a mod at topredline.com forums and i belong to probably 10 different forums or so. Anyway i don't think i need much help, i'm the stubborn guy that sits there for hours on end till it's 7am and then i go out for breakfast and work on it some more till i get it.

Good lookin out though, if you want to help me find me a xbox with a clear bottom, besides the 3 that are on ebay lol. I already sold it for 500 with a 500gig and i gotta aquire the box or the plastics for it yet.

18. Tomish

Tomish Member

You're looking for the Crystal Edition Xbox then maybe?
    http://games.kikizo.com/news/200402/001.asp
    "quote- An exact release date is forthcoming, but it's not expected to be Xbox's European birthday of March 4, which falls on a Sunday this year."

You'll have to look over seas, in Europe for that. I bought one off a friend a long time ago, but when I sent it back to him for repairs, he had got into trouble for selling mod chips and related material. It ran me 300 bucks too. :( I myself belong to a few other sites as well as everyone I would guess. Well, pm's always work to talk about non topic related conversations. Don't want to turn this away from the original topic. See you around.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2008