1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't Open Recovered Pics From Hard Drive

Discussion in 'Digital photography' started by Nas30, Sep 29, 2009.

1. Nas30

Nas30 Member

Hi All,

I had to recover my hard drive after a crash, backuo wouldn't work, long story... I have used EaseUS Data Recovery Professional and the Photo Recoveyr Pro and it has done well. The problem is under one user, some photos were recovered, some were not. They were in the same folder, so kind of weird. I have tried everything to open the ones that don't show a thumbnail, no good. I have even tried a hex editor,but under the instructions thst I have read does not match what the picture has. For example they say search for "FF DA", when I do that, it finds FF, but the next block is FA or BA not DA, so any ideas on what to do? Besides flip out because they are corrupted beyond repair?
    Thanks,

Last edited: Sep 29, 2009
  2. pluto564

pluto564 Member

Hi Nas30,

Where the photo originally jpgs. If they were you could try 'pixrecovery' it repairs the headers for jpgs. Could be worth a go?

Pluto564

3. travalon

travalon Regular member

i had a similar problem and after recovery I had to just add the {.jpg} to the end of the name. I might have just been lucky in my case. Try adding the file descriptor tag at the end. I.E. .jpeg,.tiff,.giff, .btmp etc... what ever the original format was. good luck.