1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't paly media on stand alone

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by sawyer, Jul 17, 2002.

1. sawyer

sawyer Guest

I have searched the forums and couldn't find anything on this subject relating to DVD's. I have been burning vcd's to play on my Hitachi home unit and realized a couple of times i forgot to close the disks to never be writen to again ( now they paly). The home unit supports vcd dvd and audio cd but, now acording to the website it doesn't support writable dvd's. Purchased A rewritable DVD drive and want to move onto the world of none degrated sound and video. Enough long winded garbage------ Once a DVD -/+r or DVD -/+RW is closed to never written again is it still looked at by my home machine as writable media or is it officially a DVD that is playable??
    Or am I wasting my time??

Thanks in advance for any help ( maybe I wont get flamed for a stupid question)

2. Snowface

Snowface Member

That website is probably right. Not every dvd-player can play dvd-r discs. And some that play dvd-r won't play dvd-rw, because it's a completely different material. So you could still run into some problems, even when they're supposed to work.