1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't play dvd back-up in my HP laptop has dvd/cd-rw combo

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by jsonpic, Dec 25, 2002.

1. jsonpic

jsonpic Guest

I can't play my dvd back-ups in my laptop, is their anyway to update the driver or anything else I can do. I have windvd it works fine with real dvd's. But it won't play my back-ups. Any Help!!

2. dbecker

dbecker Regular member

what are your backups - vcd,svcd or dvd-r???

3. jsonpic

jsonpic Guest

dvd+r

4. mharmn

mharmn Guest

I have an HP laptop with the combo drive. I can playback VCD's that I have burned. But I cannot playback DVD-R's. I was hoping that maybe DVD+R's would playback but I guess your post answers my question. HP replaced my combo drive due to another problem and it still will not playback DVD-R's. My laptop is an HP Pavilion XH545.

Does anyone have a laptop that will play DVD-R's. If so what brand and model is it?

5. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Did you try clicking the open button and selecting disk. then select the cd drive with the dvd-r in it and see if that works!

6. mharmn

mharmn Guest

To further explain. My laptop will play my DVD-R movies but not completely. It will take errors and stop playing. It will play regular DVD's just fine. It will read data DVD-R's also but will then take errors and stop reading (and example would be a DIVX movie saved to a DVD-R).