1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't play SVCD's on Stand Alone DVD Player

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by benni4481, Jun 2, 2003.

1. benni4481

benni4481 Member

Please can someone help. I have a Panasonic SA-HT75 DVD Player which will play SVCD's but in slow motion. I have no problems playing VCD's on the DVD Player, but want to start using SVCD's for the better quality. So, here are my questions:

1. Can I get this DVD Player to play SVCD's?

2. Does it need a hack?

3. Does anyone know of any sites where I can look up hacks for Panasonic DVD Players?

Any assistance on this would be much appreciated.

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

hmmm, slowly, do you encode CBR or VBR??

3. dbecker

dbecker Regular member

dvdrhelp.com will tell you if your player is compatable(mayabe). As for hacks, you won't see a hack to make a player play svcd's... ps..I know that the panasonic sa-ht70 does not play svcd's....

4. benni4481

benni4481 Member

Many thanks for the responses on this. I have now fixed the problem. For anyone with the same problem, if your DVD player plays VCD's and not SVCD's just change the SVCD's header to VCD. You will not lose any quality and the DVD player will think it is playing a VCD.

5. drpimper

drpimper Member

Please tell me how to change the header. I have the same problem.

6. Dela

Get the svcd encode file and go to TMPGEnc. Click file - mpeg tools and click the Multiplex Tab, now add the mpg (the svcd encoded file), then change type to MPEG-1 Video-CD (non-standard) and type an output filename and click run!

Then with the file that is created, use nero to burn it but dont forget to click file - compilation info and untick create standard compliant cd!

7. drpimper

drpimper Member

Thanks for the info. I'll give it a try.

8. Dela

ok, hope it works for ya!

9. troll80

troll80 Member

Can anyone provide more detail on this. I tried the steps that Dela laid out, but I'm still getting the slow-mo playback. Thanks in advance

10. Damon1

Damon1 Regular member

11. LupinIII

LupinIII Guest

i tried to change the header on the svcd to vcd but when i go to burn it with nero it just re-encodes the video.. and i also need help on this when you guys said change the header on the svcd did i have to encode a video to mpeg2 or just burn an svcd first using nero then change the header thanx dudes

12. Damon1

Damon1 Regular member

what are you doing in nero to burn the mpeg file? you should just burn the file in svcd mode(remember to untick create standard compliant cd). the vcd header trick guide in this thread is for already authored svcd's to be changed to vcd with the header trick. there is a more indepth guide on the vcd header trick that dela wrote in this forum. use the search function to find it.

13. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

14. LexRushon

LexRushon Member

Hi and thanx for the tips!
    Everything worked fine....on the computer....but on the standalone DVD the sound was out of synch....any suggestion?...do i have to split and put the sound 0.4sec forward?....lot of work huh!!;)

Thanx
    LexRushon, Sweden

15. SadJoker

SadJoker Regular member

Well technically a hack could make the Stanalone dvdplayer playback discs it isnt supposed to playback.. I did it to My POS SonicBlue GoLive dvdplayer which was only supposed to playback DVD/CDs , nothing else would play till I used a hack I found from dvdrhelp..

anywho, you could always try a hack.. maybe your player isnt designed to support the SVCD format? or it cant read CDrs like some Sony dvdplayers cant.

16. LexRushon

LexRushon Member

Hi!
    OK!...there is no hack yet to my
    Hitachi DV-PF2E

Lex

17. Damon1

Damon1 Regular member

There is a quick trick you can do on your dvd remote to synch audio (it seems to work with most dvd players).

Just select the audio button on your remote, it should give you two options(you might have to press twice to select the other option depending on your player). Anyway, the options should be something like audio1 & audio2 or mpeg1 & mpeg2, now just select the second audio option and then select back to the first audio option then exit the audio menu. It might be a bit different for your player, but it seems to work for every player I've come across so far.

If that doesn't work, looks like you'll have to re-sych the a/v.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2003
  18. LexRushon

LexRushon Member

Hi!:)
    First i put a DVDrecord in and did the changes on the remote then back with my burned S(VCD)and YES!!!!!!..
    Many Thanx!

Lex