1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem Can't play videos on SD card

Discussion in 'Samsung discussion' started by kookie56, Oct 27, 2019.

1. kookie56

kookie56 Regular member

I have a new Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ and a new Samsung Galaxy Tab S4.
    I put some videos directly on the phone and tablet. They play fine, but when I put the same videos on the SD card on either device,(cell phone or tablet) they won't play.
    I have tried every format I was told by Samsung would work, (MP4, 3gp, MKV, 3g2, asf, avi, M4v, wmv), and none will play.
    I thought the SD card might be corrupt or faulty or something, so I purchased brand new Samsung SD cards. The videos still will not play from the SD card.
    I don't understand why it plays when directly on device, but won't play the exact same videos from the SD card.
    Can someone help me? Explain to me why the videos play directly on cell or tablet, but not from the SD cards.
    I need help to make it possible to watch the same videos from the SD cards, that I can play from device directly, so I can remove them from the devices themselves to save space.
    I would appreciate any help.
    Thank you

2. psRhiLvanub

psRhiLvanub Member

Does it give any error messages when you try to play them?

3. kookie56

kookie56 Regular member

Sometimes it tries to play and simply says "error" and does not play.
    I have even downloaded VLC for android and they won't play using that either.
    I simply don't understand how it can play on the device , directly, and the exact same video doesn't play from the SD card.
    I don't get it.

4. dk0dave

dk0dave Member

clear cache and data for video player and try again

5. kookie56

kookie56 Regular member

I did this, as you said, and it is still the same.

6. dk0dave

dk0dave Member

try saving on sd card from device ... what format is the sdcard in?

7. kookie56

kookie56 Regular member

I formatted the sd card on the device itself. I have tried putting videos on the sd card from the device and from my PC. It doesn't seem to matter.
    What is so odd is that some videos play from sd card and some only play on device.
    Samsung listed all the video formats that are suppose to play on sd card or device. It is the one video format, that Samsung says wouldn't play, is the only one that works at all. MKV.
    All of the videos were created on my PC in the exact same way, with the same program, and some work on device and some do not. Wierd, isn't it?