1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't read any DVD!! HELP!!

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by Macmuch, Feb 26, 2002.

1. Macmuch

Macmuch Member

I used to read DVD on my computer without any problem, using different software downloaded on the web.
    Two weeks ago I had the opportunity to install windows XP (I had Millenium). Of course I had to upload or change some of my softwares. I chose Zoom Player to read DVD, but after several "try" I have to accept the fact that it doesn't work (and it is the same with any other one)
    Zoom player give the following explanation:
    "MPEG2 Filters required for DVD Playback are missing!MPEG2 filters are not part of the Zoom Player installation..."
    What do I have to do!! I am really disapointed and fed up. So PLEASE tell me that's an easy game for you and tell me what to do.

Thank you, Bye, David.

2. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

You need to install some commercial DVD player, like PowerDVD or WinDVD in order to get MPEG-2 codec to your computer.

3. Bwizard

Bwizard Guest

I have done just that, myself, but am still
    getting the message...???????

4. Bycrosoft

Bycrosoft Member

Simple my man....
    get on kazaa and find windvd (trial version of course hehehe....) and download it
    i had the same prob and if it duznt work...
    try reinstallin XP u may have had a file transfer wrong IE a codec from WMP (has happened)

5. Bycrosoft

Bycrosoft Member

OR could be ur dvd player maybe? getting a scrambled signal from it xp has? (sorry got cunfused)