1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Can't Read Data" - help!

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by mak40, Jun 21, 2008.

1. mak40

mak40 Member

I bought a R4 revolution to use with my new DS. I got a load of .nds roms from my friend and put them on a micro sd card to play on the console, and they all work fine with moonshell v. 1.08. But it seems that all the new one's i have downloaded aren't working, theyr all the same file type with the same extension as the other one's, but it keeps saying "Error: cannot read data. Turn off power and re-insert game card". It's done this with nearly every new game i put on e.g. soul bubbles, cooking guide, mario party DS etc.

Am i doing something wrong? Have i forgotten to do something to the files? Has anyone else had this happen? Are there certain game's you just cant play using an R4? Any advice would be great.

2. woof811

woof811 Regular member

update your r4ds to the very latest version mate , you can get it here -v1.18 English http://www.r4ds.com/soft/24-en.htm

once downloaded unrar it and copy the 2 folders and 2 files to your memory card , thats it r4ds updated , no more troublesome games !

woof811.

3. mak40

mak40 Member

You my friend are a life saver! Worked a treat!

Thank you so much!

4. woof811

woof811 Regular member

no probs mate glad your sorted :eek:) woof811.