1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can't record on dvd-rw version 1.1 on Sharp DV-HR300

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by vinaip, Sep 15, 2009.

1. vinaip

vinaip Member

Hi,

I purchased the Sharp DV-HR300A in Singapore (Asia) in 2005. But I primarily used it to record TV programs directly to the HDD, and never used any DVD-RW disk to record.

Recently when I started to record, I realised it is difficult to find DVD-RW disks with version 1.1, but finally found the SOny DVD-RW Version 1.1 disks. However the disk is not recognized at times, and at other times, it takes ages to Initialize, and then fails. I tried with many different, brand new disks.

Later I purchased a Maxell DVD-RW Version 1.1/2-Speed DVD-RW Revision 1.0 that allows 1x to 2x recordings.

However, it was thrown out promptly with the error - "this is a non standard disk".

I am not able to find any other disks with can record at 1x and 1.1 version. Not sure if it is a disk version problem or the recorder problem.

My questions are:

1. Has anyone faced such a problem before?
    2. Is there any firmware upgrade or any other solution that I am missing?
    3. Are there any other DVD disk manufacturers that make the 1x, Version 1.1 disk for DVD-RW formats?

any help or support is appreciated. Thanks.

Best Regards,
    Vinai

2. lasse1993

lasse1993 Member

Hello,

I have just found the Sharp DV-HR300 DVD recorder... I live in Singapore too and i was wondering how you managed to record TV (did you record TV from the starhub cable box)... And how do you connect the DVD recorder to your cable box and tv?

Lasse