1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem Can't revert to earlier Phrase Express version

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Odin13, Feb 26, 2020.

1. Odin13

Odin13 Newbie

I had the current ver. 14 of Phrase Express but wanted to revert to ver. 10, similar to what I was using on my old computer. I followed the instruction to close my v. 14 and proceeded to install the new version 10--but it turned out to be the same ver. 14, configured exactly as I had configured it before the new download.

If I uninstall Phrase Express first, will I be able to install the ver. 10 that I want?

2. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Downgrading requires FULL removal of the newer Software or as you found out it's a waste of time trying to over write with an older version. The first thing i'd do if you haven't deleted already is see if on the makers website there is a uninstall tool. This will remove all entries. If not you can just go ahead & use the normal uninstall method, however once finished,find a portable version of ccleaner (perhaps portableapps.com) or an old version from here at AD (web search the last old version to use or you'll get stuck with the not so good newer versions). Run the registry clean option. Reboot & install V10 of what you want . If it doesn't work you could try using a restore point to before you upgraded to V14. PS:You need to also look at making regular backup images of your OS, to 2 or more other hdd's (hard drives). Web search why i say make backup images. ok same reason why you need multiple backups on different devices of important doc's & family photo's