1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cant Rip "The Rock or CaddyShack" Please Help!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by smileddog, Mar 6, 2005.

1. smileddog

smileddog Guest

Ive been able to Rip all sorts of movies, even little black book. But it seems latley when i have been trying to do these older titles that i have gotten from Netflix that i am unable to rip them. I get a "cyclic redundency error" like othere were getting with "Little Black Book" I tried using DVD Decrypter the newest version, DVD Shrink the newest version, And and older version of DVD shrink. None worked. Am i doing something wrong?

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Yeah..... Your copying your movies from NetFlix.. They just started using a new type of block on there disk's and it can't be decrypted....
    Guess you will have to buy the original's now. :)

3. Adouble11

Adouble11 Regular member

download ANYDVD and CloneDVD. There free for 21 days. ANYDVD is working at all times unless you disable it. Try using your cloneDVD with the ANYDVD enabled, or try your shrink and decrypter with ANYDVD enabled. This should work.

4. Adouble11

Adouble11 Regular member

keep in mind that this only works if you get the original movie. As far as downloaded movies I don't think that is within the guidelines of the rules to ask that question.

5. smileddog

smileddog Guest

ok i tried ANYDVD that didnt work. The movie i got from Netflix though looks just like the original movie. its kinda beat up like its been around a while too. I have been sucessful with many movies from Netflix but it seems these last two which are oldies will not work. Any other suggestions?

6. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Well since you are telling us you are renting your movies from NetFlix and copying them from them without actually owning the original then I would say you are going to be hard pressed to get your answer. If on the other hand you were having this problem with some of your own original movies that you own then I would say the disks are either dirty or scratched you could try cleaning them really good I like to use a machine called SkipDR it seems to really do the trick with those bad disks [​IMG] So I would suggest to you that you get a hold of one of those for around $24 and your problems would be solved. Or simply get another copy of the movie. I don't know what to tell you about those NetFlix movies though so I won't ;-) ;-)