1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cant seem to do anything right

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by musiqman, Jun 8, 2004.

1. musiqman

musiqman Member

Let me start by saying I have bin and cue. Bin has no errors cue seems to work. I have alcohol120, cdrwin, nero 6, winiso, cdmage, clonyxxl and cdrwin. when I burn bin and cue to cd-r I end up with the same thing I started out with. A bin and cue on a cd-rw that wont open. Ive extracted the bin with win iso to create yet another bin that matches that of the one I have. Nero says invalid file format so I used alcohol120 burned a coaster once and burned files a couple of times, they show as bin and cue when I open cd. Ive been trying for about 13 hrs now read and learned alot from this site but green when it comes to bin and iso files. followed your guide for alcohol120 but cant figure out what im not doing. Also when I use clonyxxl it ask if it has been installed I click no and proteced reads unknown.I am working with a pc game and strugglin plz help.

2. musiqman

musiqman Member

Didnt mean to post twice THoufgt I did the first one in the wrong forum I got It now I was trying to burn with alcohol120 the bin not the cue man I complicated that thanx kcc 76 for the help

3. Damon1

Damon1 Regular member

Your files are image files and can be burnt with most burning software, the bin file is actually your file and the cue is a cue sheet that tells your burning software what to burn. To burn your image to a cd, for example in Alcohol 120%, click on the image burning wizard, then just follow the prompts and make sure that when you open your file, that in the "type of file" drop down box that .cue is selected. then just open your .cue file and follow the prompt to burning it. done.

For burning image files with Nero , Afterdawn has a guide here:

http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/bin_cue_with_nero.cfm

Hope that helps, if you have any more problems or querys, just post again.

P.S. sorry if you know all this already, just thought i'd cover the basics first, if you can provide more details we'll be able to help you more.
    _
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]AKA: TRHR (The Red Headed Ranger).
    [​IMG]
    Come say hello and join the Afterdawn IRC Channel
    server: irc.addictz.net
    Channel: #ad_buddies[/small]

Last edited: Jun 9, 2004
  4. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

I see you've tried Nero and A120, but any luck with CDRWIN?

If im not mistaken, with Nero you have to use the CUE file to "tell" Nero how to use the BIN file. If you force it to use the BIN file then you need to specify it ... I'd guess it would be Mode1/2352 bytes/sec

How fast were you burning? Try burning slower. :)

Odds are you wont have to worry about burning perfect copies with copy protection here. Have a look over Damon1's guide and you should be fine :)

5. musiqman

musiqman Member

Let me say with tech tv gone you guys are a breath of fresh air. I was able to burn it with alcohol120 I used the guide I read from the cd-r forum. I simply was trying to use bin and the cue once I switched to the cue only presto thanx, you guys rule.

6. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Glad we could help! :)