1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't seem to email ratdvd file

Discussion in 'ratDVD discussion, help and suggestions' started by fishbulb, Jun 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fishbulb

fishbulb Regular member

I've been experimenting a little w/ ratdvd and there are a couple of things I'm still not sure about. When I click on "Email this file" nothing happens. How do I email my ratdvd file. Also, what are one or two other simple ways of sharing a ratdvd file? Keep in mind I've never used p2p, ftp, chat or anything else like that so I'm just not sure how to go about it. I think I read here that doing it through something like yahoo chat would be pretty easy. Also, on dual layer movies, is there any difference in using DVD Shrink to compress it down to around 4.5 GB and then burning it and then using [bold]that[/bold] DVD in ratdvd to get it down even smaller? Or would the final result be the same size as if you [bold]did[/bold] use the dual layer? If your compressed DVD (using Shrink) looked just as good as the original would the ratdvd file look just as good as it would if you used the original dual layer disc? And would ratdvd process any faster using a 4.5 GB DVD as compared to a dual layer? The movie I experimented with was Darkman. It's a single layer that required no compression with shrink and the ratdvd file was just over 1 GB. It took about 4 hours to process.
    Thanks guys.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.