1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cant Unhide my files and folders???

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by ima49311, Feb 1, 2008.

1. ima49311

ima49311 Regular member

has something happened with Windows XP lately that i wasnt aware of? i was on my home computer last night, and tried retrieve some documents i've made hidden thru the folder options menu. Well, no matter how i try it, it wont let me view hidden files or folders. i try hitting apply first and nothing. i go back into the options menu again and its back to "dont show hidden files". i try hitting ok this time, same thing. i go back in and its still say "dont show". i thought something had happened to my home computer, but here i am at my work computer this morning and the same thing is happening. i REALLY need to make those folders at home show up to access. Alot of important things are in there. Has anyone else experienced this? i havent changed anything that i know of on either computer. the only thing i can think of is maybe an xp update that might have installed. any ideas out there? PLEASE HELP ME?!? thanks in advance!

ok, the other thing ive been noticing (and this is just at my home pc), it seems like my computer is now having problems connecting to webpages.. im using firefox, but it happens ie too.. i can click any link at random, and alot of times lately, it will say can not find page.. and after refreshing like 5 times or so, it will eventually connect. there have also been times that straight out of opening up firefox (or ie) it wont find ANY pages.. it'll act as if i have no internet connection, but in actually my wireless adapter is connected and getting 54mbps... so, this might have nothing to do with the unhide issue, but i thought i'd mention it.. since it IS something new and wierd its been doing the last couple of days.. thanx

2. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

Moved to appropriate forum.

3. Crab56

Crab56 Regular member