1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't uninstall Nero 7

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by Blalock77, Dec 30, 2007.

1. Blalock77

Blalock77 Member

Hi guys, I need some help. I have a Nero 8 trial that I wanted to use. When I attempt to install the trial, it detects Nero 7 and needs to uninstall it. I click on OK, and it starts the uninstallation process, but I quickly get an error message that says "Error applying transforms. Verify that the specified transform paths are valid." I tried uninstalling via the Add/Remove programs menu and also from the Nero 7 setup, but I got the same error message. And I also tried to "repair" from the Nero 7 setup, and the same thing happened. As a last resort, I set a system restore point, deleted the Nero folder and all of the shortcuts, and went into the registry and deleted everything I could find associated with Nero. I tried the Nero 8 again, and the same thing happened. I'm now back at the restore point I had set, and I'm thoroughly confused. Please help.

The software itself seems to be working okay. I opened StartSmart and started several programs, and they all responded, except for Nero Showtime ("Can't load skin" error).

In case it matters, I'm running Windows XP Pro x64, SP2 on an AMD Athlon 64 4000+ PC.

I would appreciate any help or suggestions. Thanks.

2. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

Ketola likes this.
  3. Blalock77

Blalock77 Member

Worked like a charm. Thanks a bunch.

4. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

I would run ccleaner and defrag also to totally get rid of it

5. Ketola

Ketola Turned ninja Staff Member

A very old thread, but just wanted to let you know that this solved the problem of uninstalling Nero 7 from a Windows Server 2008 R2. Thanks!

6. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

The nero uninstall utility's are version specific

Ketola likes this.