1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cant update my N70 and im still on v 2.0539.1.2 :S.. heeelp!

Discussion in 'Nokia phones' started by schinis, Apr 7, 2007.

1. schinis

schinis Member

Ok, iv tried everything i could to update my N70 but it seems i cant :S.. I purchased it last year from England, from a 3 shop, unlocked it this year after my contract finished.. I tried the official installer but it says that it is up to date..

It cant be, i know friends of mine which updated to version 3.smth

By the way.. This is what my mobile says when i use #*0000#

V 2.0539.1.2
    19-10-05
    RM-84

Please any help is GREATELY appreciated...

2. dvdlover7

dvdlover7 Guest

schinis,,you can try follow this link to download latest firmware update form your local UK http://www.nokia.co.uk/A4226014

if you still have not link to this website you should visit www.nokia.com
    this software update must be done through pc and with cable that came with your phone,,better download Nokia PC Suite as well...

download your cable driver first and install it onto pc---->>then----->>NOKIA PC SUITE------>>>PHONE SOFTWARE UPDATE...

TIP:::you must make sure that your cell phone battery is FULLY CHARGED before you do update firmware and back up all date to you external memory card, after you finish update you cal roll it back into phone memory......

i have been install this firmware for my friend N70 and N80,,i have no problem at all...hope this will help..............cheersss

3. schinis

schinis Member

Ive allready tried that nokia update thing, but it says it is up to date..

4. dvdlover7

dvdlover7 Guest

i tell you the true of nokia service,,most of the time it's does not work when you type production code (i thinks it's is 7 digits) in the box that to check for availablity software update...what you have to do is download update software first and try to run update throught your pc (to see what version is it,if it's the same version with your phone it's mean your phone update if higher than your version than install it)

i just did 1 for my friend last week ,,the lastest version was ::::::::::V 4.0632.0.38

the reason why you check software update it's alsways not available because NO MANUFACTURE WANTS THEIR FIRMWARE PRODUCT UPDATE without go to THEIR SERVICE AGENT and here they can rip you off.....

hope this help

5. schinis

schinis Member

where can i get the update though?

6. dvdlover7

dvdlover7 Guest

if you already try to downdload from NOKIA UK it's does not work,,you can try to downdload from differrent country , i see on NOKIA WEBSITE they have ASIA PACIFIC , i alsway to downdload from ASIS PACIFIC...you can try to downdload it again and make proper install old from your pc...
    i have check 1 link for you from AUSTRALIA (asia pacific),,you can try it http://www.nokia.com.au/nokia/0,,96565,00.html

7. schinis

schinis Member

ok thnx.. ill try it in the evening cuz i cant right now, and ill keep u informed

8. schinis

schinis Member

still doesnt work :S