1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cant View Files

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by AaronsDad, Sep 27, 2011.

1. AaronsDad

AaronsDad Member

Hey everyone! Ive been having problems since I got this new computer back in April. Everytime I rip a dvd using Shrink to my c drive and I go to find the file its not there. However, when I try to rip the dvd again to the same directory it asks me if I want to overwrite the already existing file. This is really beginning to drive me crazy not to mention its take up alot of my space on the drive. If I could view the files I could remove them and all would be well. But I have the "show hidden files, folders and drives" checked and still cant see the video files I have ripped. If anyone could possibly help me out that would be great. Sorry if I have posted this to the wrong board but I dont think its a dvd shrink problem, I think its a windows problem. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

2. attar

attar Senior member

Is it being saved as an .iso to C:\
    I found it was in fact being saved to:

C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\VirtualStore

Try changing DVD Shrink 'Properties' > 'Compatibility' > 'Run as Administrator'.
    It fixed it for me.

3. AaronsDad

AaronsDad Member

This may sound like a dumb question but where is the properties at in shrink? All I see is preferences. Thanks for the reply

4. attar

attar Senior member

Right click on the application file and select 'Properties'

[​IMG]

5. AaronsDad

AaronsDad Member

That seems to have fixed the problem. Thank you for the help