1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cant view this .avi

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by coolunme, Oct 25, 2002.

1. coolunme

coolunme Guest

Hi all,
    I downloaded this huuuge file. Its 1.26 gigs.
    The file claims to be a avi. The extension after the title is .(2002).DVDRip.DivX.avi.
    Divx or any other player will not open it. I tried other dvd and video software like blaze media pro. It would be a waste to just delete it. Is there any way to probe this file and find out how to get it to play?

2. UnderBear

UnderBear Member

3. coolunme

coolunme Guest

Thanks Underbear. Installed that and no go.
    This file took days to download and parts of it are probably useless anyway. I'll keep my eyes open and try some other software. Late

4. chriso123

chriso123 Regular member

Where did you download it? It could be a fake file.

5. coolunme

coolunme Guest

from winmx. Multiple users. noone replied when I asked about it. still cant open it. It's actually a copy of attack of the clones(i guess). Anyone know of a real copy other than the one taped by a guy with video camera at the multiplex?

6. copymasta

copymasta Member

open the avi in notepad, it will take a some time. but when it's finished, at the first line will be the codec name which is used for converting it to divx (a .avi file). try gettign that codec, and deleting the .'s from the name except for the one before avi ;).

good luck

7. chriso123

chriso123 Regular member