1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cap @ high res

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by tsingiska, Jul 19, 2003.

1. tsingiska

tsingiska Member

Hi, I could use some recommendations... I've been trying to create an svcd out of my wedding video, but while I can handle the authoring part so-so, the problem is the capturing. Previously the problem was that my WinTV card only allowed me to capture video @ 320x240, which looked shitty when blown up to 480x480. I posted here about it and someone suggested I get the hacked drivers for the bt878 card, and yeah, it works just fine, now I can capture at any res I please. However, when I capture at 640x480, I seem to keep getting a lot of dropped frames, as the end result video has little twitches now and then and the sound breaks up during those twitches. I am wondering if there is anything I can do to help this? I have been capturing the video uncompressed, straight to AVI with no compression. Is there a reasonable alternative? Capturing 320x240 to uncompressed AVI was bad enough, hard drive space -wise, but 640x480 really takes a lot of space...we're only talking about like 25 minutes of video, so....

Any suggestions would be most welcome. :)

I use WinTV with Adobe Premiere to capture, the system's a Dell 4400 (P4 @ 1.6 GHz) with about 400 megs of RAM and 45 gigs of HD.

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Why are you trying to raise the resolution?? trying to make a SVCD??

3. tsingiska

tsingiska Member

Yeah...that's what I said.....

4. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Yes but I asked for a reason because you dont need to resize, I know 352x240/288 is non standard but usually dvd players dont care and play it anyway!