1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Capital punishment?

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by dan0661, Jan 5, 2010.

1. dan0661

dan0661 Member

I've been having too much fun trying to restore my computer after a virus or some other wonderful thing has screwed it up. It's enough of a pain when things just don't work right or crap out. I think I have heard that hackers or whoever they are, are teaching the PC industry a lesson on how poorly their products are devised. All I can see is a tug of war and the PC users are the ones in the mud pit. The computer will never be totally secure and the hackers will prove it. It would be fine with me if they didn't screw things up for those of us in the middle. There should be penalties, whipping with a CAT5 cable, mousing (like stoning but using your mouse), using a disk drive to guillotine their fingers off. Just a few of the many ways I have thought of to politely tell the hackers to quit it. I've been working on fixing my computer for too many days and it just doesn't make me happy.

2. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

i think capital punishment is a bit far for a computer crime.maybe an eye for an eye tooth for a tooth.if someone hacks your computer and breaks it you should be given full access to their computer and then be allowed to break it.As for a virus its usually a result of downloading dodgy material not the result of a hacker.

3. KillerBug

KillerBug Active member

Most virues and malware are not from hackers, at least not hackers the way you are using the word.

Hackers (the kind that break security measures) fall into two groups...
    The first group is the kind you hear about, with names like DeyCieVD or something. These people work hard to break DRM (thus helping end users) and to break poorly designed security systems. Would you want a car that had never been crash tested? Why would you want software that has never been tested?
    The second group is the "for proffit" hacker who uses their skills to get confidential data. These hackers usualy use the same methods developed by the first group, and they use them against unpatched systems. These people are theives and criminals (like the kind that work for the chinese government). However, no one seems to hate these hackers because they are not helping the end user.

Either way, viruses have nothing to do with hackers. If you want to blame someone for viruses, I would blame McAfee or whoever made your useless AV scanner.