1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Capture buttons disabled

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by blowe, Mar 8, 2007.

1. blowe

blowe Member

I am using a Sony camcorder to convert an analog signal(VCR) to digital and saving on my hard drive. VCR -> RCA -> DV camcorder -> firewire -> PC. I had this working in the past with Nero Vision but now I am running into this issue ...

On the capture page, the preview screen is showing the video signal from my VCR, so everything is set up correctly. However, all the buttons(Stop, Record, etc...) under the preview window are disabled. If I put a tape in the camcorder, the buttons are enabled, but of course Nero tries to capture from the camcorder tape instead of the VCR signal. Again, I had this working before I did a clean install of my OS(XP), but I cannot figure out what I am missing. HELP!!

2. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Regular member

Does it make any difference if it is set on camera or VCR? Do you need to put it in record mode, or some other mode, to passthrough?

3. blowe

blowe Member

The video only shows in the preview window if I am in VCR mode. The buttons are disabled in either mode though.

4. blowe

blowe Member

When I go from Camera to VCR on my camcorder, the buttons become enable for about 2 seconds. If I click on the buttons during that time, I can get it to work. I don't want to have to do this everytime. Does anyone have any ideas???

5. blowe

blowe Member

Actually the program now shuts down after 30-45 mins during the video capture, so I'm still not working ...