1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Capture Card Is Jumping And Skipping!

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by Jammiez, Jul 13, 2007.

1. Jammiez

Jammiez Guest

Hey guys.

about 4 years ago i purchased a ezy capture PCI card for my computer and have had no trouble what so ever with it i have been transferring all my OLD! VHS & Beta tapes to DVD, i have been using Ulead DVD MovieFactory and it has worked fine but the other day after not using the capture card for a while i bring up the preview mode of what i am about to capture all is going well when i hit capture though it starts going really slow and jumping and skipping..... then when i stop capturing and go back to preview mode everything is running fine again!!! i then go to preview what i just captured and the quality is horrible!!!!

does anyone know what might have happened? do i need to re install some plug-ins or codecs thats may hav been uninstalled? the drivers are fine and its driving me nuts because all i can capture with at the moment is windows movie maker i have tried a number of different programs and the same thing happens!!! im pretty sure its a plug in problem but i dunno what plug in it is please someone help me!!! :(

thankz
    Jamie

2. onya

onya Guest

Jamie...

All seemed to be well so far!

What have you changed either in software or hardware to your pc? Poor media quality can have an enormous bearing on the final outcome of your back-up DVD. Use the best qualty disks you can afford (Taiyo-yuden or Verbatim) and burn at speeds no faster than 8X.......regardless!

3. Jammiez

Jammiez Guest

wow! hay hold up lol i havnt got to the point of burning the final out come yet because when i play back what i hav captured its all jumpy and skippy like it looked when it was capturing

as for the hardware i cant remember what i hav changed and what i havent, thats why i need a little help? as for the capture card driver cd.... on there there is no install file only a bunch of folders and .inf files

4. onya

onya Guest

Jamie,

If the original skips and jumps (VHS) how is it that you imagine the reults will be any the better?

If you put shitE in, your gonna get shitE out no matter what. Conversly, you may have outstanding analogue material, but stuff it all up by burning to crap media at unrealistic speeds.

You've been doing this stuff for at least four years or so, have you made any system upgrades? have you made any software upgrades to Ulead? Have you had any viruses or other significant additions or deletions recently? Think carefully as you are the only one that really knows.

5. Jammiez

Jammiez Guest

ok i think theres a miss understanding here
    let me start again....

the original VHS is fine, when i start my capturing software there is a screen to see what you are capturing it all runs nice and smooth untill i hit capture then it goess all jumpy and skippy then when i stop capturing it goes back to preview mode and it is fine.... then when i view on my HD what i cature its all skippy and jumpy like it looked when it was capturing

and yeh im trying to think of what software changed i made!!!

cheers
    jamie

6. onya

onya Guest

This is all good so far

This bit has me worried. Care to post your system specs along with RAM available? Your description has all the hallmarks of being EITHER software and or system resources being unable to cope with tasks given. Sorry for any confusion given on my part.

7. Jammiez

Jammiez Guest

lol its ok people make mistakes umm
    im kina a noob at this so i wouldnt have a clue
    about specs and RAM and stuff but its nothing to do with
    my computer or system parts because like i said i have
    dont capturing on this PC 100s of times before with out
    and change in system parts its just i had a PC clean up
    and not ever since i just cant capture right only
    with windows movie maker..... i think i may have uninsalled
    a plug in that i needed or something :(

thankz
    jamie

8. onya

onya Guest

Jamie,

If you can remember what might have been deleted, this will be a great help to us all, other than that, we are all in the dark!

Perhaps you could uninstall and reinstall the devise as I mentioned previous. Worth a try you think Jamie?

9. Jammiez

Jammiez Guest

hmm yeh but like i said the CD that came with the capture card only has folders with numbers and inside are .inf files and the capture card doesnt say what one to install :S an i dont really know the software i had before it just worked when i went to capture and i was happy :(

if this helps my capture card is a

Swann ezy capture
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

so im not sure if this helps along with the images

thankz
    jamie

10. onya

onya Guest

All info is good Jamie, all we need now is someone that knows what they are talking about...... LOL

11. Jammiez

Jammiez Guest

hmmm. yeh i hope that some one comes fast lol, umm anther thing is im playing around with the settings a plug ins and my whole PC just reset and said it recovered from a critical error when it came back on, so i think i need a plug in or something a YUV plug in or wateva it is

thankz
    jamie

12. onya

onya Guest

Not sounding too flash jamie, the plot thickens me thinks!

13. Jammiez

Jammiez Guest

the PC only resets when i use YUV and it jumps when i use RGB hmmmm i think i must have a copprupt YUV plugin