1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Capture from VCR with Leadtek Winfast 2000TV Expert

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by fman02, Apr 14, 2005.

1. fman02

fman02 Member

Hi,

Just got the above card with the intention of capturing from some old VHS tapes.

Now here's my problem. My VCR has SCART output. My winfast has only RF and S-video inputs. I've found various articles through search which skirt around the issue of how to connect SCART to s-video but nothing definitive.

As a newbie I've spent two evening scratching my head on this one but to no avail.

I'd be overjoyed if someone could help.

Thanks

Fman

2. rebootjim

rebootjim Active member

Head down to the local RadioShack or BestBuy and get a SCART to S-Video converter.

3. fman02

fman02 Member

Thanks - no RadioShack or Best Buy here in the UK but plenty of similar outlets. I have read of cases where even this type of converter didn't work - sound / colour issues but I'll give it a try.

Thanks

Fman

4. rebootjim

rebootjim Active member

Notice I said "Converter". There are "patch cords" that don't work. Converters do, although the terminology will probably confuse the salesperson totally. Just make sure you can return it if it doesn't work for you.
    Your other option is to forget all that, hook the normal TV out of the VCR to the TV in on your card. Set it to capture on channel 3, set the VCR TV output to channel 3, and you don't need to buy anything.
    You can also get SCART to composite (RCA) converters.