1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Capture problems from Hi8 cam with PCTV Vision

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by Angra, Apr 30, 2005.

1. Angra

Angra Guest

I am very new at this. I have a PCTV Vision capture card and a Sony Video Hi8 camcorder with S-video connection. I get a great image but can't get any audio!? I have searched in Pinnacle's sight for a possible solution but they're no help! I have no problem capturing from my VCR though. Can anyone help me please?

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well I think you must have the audio going from the audio output on your Hi8 Cam into either your Capture Cards audio input or into your Sound Cards "Line In" input to get audio..S-Video only Transmits Video signals you still have to connect the audio to your PC from your HI8 Cam to record audio....

3. Angra

Angra Guest

Thanks for clearing that up for me; as I said I'm new at this and I thought the s-video captured everything. Tried what you suggested with a make shift audio cable and got sound so now I need to get the appropriate audio cable with plugs corrct plugs.

Thanks.