1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Capture resolution?

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by mikla521, Sep 11, 2004.

1. mikla521

mikla521 Member

Hi!
    I got a Sony DCR-TRV245e and i have just started to capture all my tapes using Adobe Premiere Pro.

Only one problem, a big problem! Captured video resolution is only 360x288. I'm using those standard project settings in Premiere which says 720x576.
    Can't figure out what's wrong. Is there anyone out there who can give me a hint??

Is it possible that the camera won't allow higher resolution when transfered by Firewire?

2. mcsauer

mcsauer Member

Wish I had an answer for you, but I was actually wondering if your problem is the same as mine. I have a Sony DCR-TRV350 (digital 8). I tried using several different programs to capture with, but all had the same results - digitized, almost slow-motion movement. Not to an extreme, but definitely far from the quality I am looking for. I am also using a firewire, and Sony support was clueless on both the camera and the firewire (which they developed). I don't believe any of the programs I was using gave me the option on changing resolution. I hope somebody out there can help. I noticed in the download section that there were some video capture tools. I plan to try some.

3. fun4you1

fun4you1 Member

i have a sony digital 8 camcorder and i have good luck with Ulead VideoStudio™ 5.0 and firewire i make dvs and video cds without any trouble