1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Capture size too large roe DVD

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by JohnOB, Mar 7, 2005.

1. JohnOB

JohnOB Member

Hi,

I posted this message on another forum, then realized I may have posted it in the wrong place....

I'm new to capturing. I just captured a 2-hour 8mm tape to my hard drive using MPEG-2. I wanted to burn it onto a DVD however the size of the file is over 5GB. I would like to either shrink the video a bit, or I would like to edit the MPEG, to get in down to the 4.7GB size.

Anyone know of any good MPEG editors that will allow me to go in and remove unwanted material? Just removing the scenes where the camera was recording the ground would probably be enough!

I tried capturing at both 8,000 and 6,000 bit rate, but both were too large for one DVD disk. I really don't want to go any lower than 6,000, that's why I'm hoping to edit the MPEG on my harddrive, then author the DVD.

Thanks for any insight you can provide!

John O

2. pfh

pfh Guest

Try Womble mpeg-vcr- 30 day trial. Very easy to cut and join once you figure out the controls. There are good guides on its use. Then if the resulting saved file is still too big run it thru DVD Shrink to get it to ~4.3 gigs.

3. rebootjim

rebootjim Active member

VideoReDo. Easily the easiest cutter to use.