1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

capture to pc ok - author/burn to dvd audio/sync issues

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by bartj, Mar 21, 2005.

1. bartj

bartj Member

i have a winfast tv 2000 xp deluxe card
    i am capturing analog tv from this to my pc.
    i have captured successfully to the pc with no audio sync issues using various profile settings.
    however when i try to author/burn using Nero Vision express or Ulead Videomagic 3 i am getting audio sync issues.

any ideas?

my main aim is simply to cap tv programs (PAL) in mpeg & then burn them to dvd to play in a standalone dvd player

2. rebootjim

rebootjim Active member

In your capture software, select mp2 (or lpcm) audio at 48khz. It's probably at 44.1khz, and the frequency change during transcoding throws it out of sync.

3. bartj

bartj Member

Jim thanks for your info looking at the forum you seem to be the fountain of knowledge on this subject.

i have tried using various capturing software & have found the WInFast PVR software that i got with the card to be the best all round for capture wise. I am capping at Half D1 as you suggested in anotehr reply which results in no frame loss

ALso for some reason if i use WinDVD Rec or Fly TV 2000 i can only get my 5 terrestrial channels but not my Sky channel.

in my winfast cap software i dont seem to have the option to change the audio settings, its capping it in mpeg1 layer audio

any ideas or a better capturing software?
    i dont need to edit & wanna cap to mpeg direct

4. rebootjim

rebootjim Active member

Intervideo windvr can capture direct to mpeg-2.
    You could Try Mainconcept PVR. Pricey, but very nice software. Tends to be buggy on some systems, but I haven't had any trouble.
    There are a few others...Ulead DVD movie factory, Nerovision express, etc., but you'll probably end up with sync problems. You could try NVE3 with AC3 (Dolby) audio...but it'll probably complain because I don't think it can do half or quarter D1.
    Your audio "layer 1" is mp2, no worries there.
    In your tuner software, you must usually "map" any digital channels (sky for example) to a regular channel number. Each software is different. You'll have to read the manual.

5. bartj

bartj Member

i found with Intervid & Mainconcept that the picture quality was not very good in that it lacked true colour.

Ill try with teh Ulead movie factory

didnt realise id need to map the digi channels as with winfast it picked them up but no probs ive got the frequency so will try with that.

1 thing i found with winfast was that if i tried to burn direct to dvd (got some programs that i just wanna get off the sky + for my brother so cant be arsed with putting them on the pc 1st) that sometimes it will not finalize the disc once its finished recording. I dont know whether this is my media - when testing with a -RW Verbatim i get no probs but when ive done this with a Yellow Datawrite (purple dye) then it doesnt finalize or hangs?