1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Capture video with Dell Dimension 4000 series

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by Marz, Sep 22, 2004.

1. Marz

Marz Member

Hello, I am looking for a TV/Tuner card. I want to be able to use it to watch TV from my computer, but more importantly, use it to record video to my computer using an outside source, such as a VCR or Camcorder. I would need to connect the outside source to the computer via RCA cables. I am also looking for a card that comes with software that allows to record video input to a computer. I have Windows Movie Maker. I think I can use Movie Maker to record video input, but I'm not sure. When using Movie maker, I have noticed that I was not allowed to select video input. I could only select sound input to record. I have used it to record audio from a VCR in the past. My computer is a Dell Dimension 4000 series, Intel P4 processor running Windows XP. Can anyone recommend a card that is compatable with my machine? Thank you for your help!

2. Marz

Marz Member

I found a device that can capture video. Its called a Dazzle DVC. It is a usb device & from my understanding that it will record incoming video using the provided software from a camcorder or VCR. I guess I will have to purchase this and a TV tuner separatly. The TV tuner isn't a big deal. I'll probably hold off on that for a while unless I find an unrelistable deal.

3. Marz

Marz Member

Does anyone know about the Dazzle DVC? Easy to use? Works good? Any other similar devices that work better or tv tuner cards that can accomplish the same purpose?