1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Captured DV quality AVI to DVD

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by albert_d, Jan 4, 2003.

1. albert_d

albert_d Member

could anyone tell me how to get to quality dvd's. i use different tools to capture but they are not very good in mpeg2 quality. my avi is in DV quality and i want to make a DVD. I captured it by Pinnacle Studio 8 or Sonic MyDVD4.0 both are not very good in DVD quality. Help me please. do you use TMpegEnc.??????/ _X_X_X_X_X_[small]albert_d[/small]

2. z0diac

z0diac Regular member

Have you tried ULead VideoStudio 6? It has built-in DV capturing support, although I've never tried it.

3. albert_d

albert_d Member

Yes, i tried ulead. The problem is not capturing, but to make a very good dvd

4. z0diac

z0diac Regular member

At a high bitrate like 7mbps you should be able to get about 1hr of DV-quality video onto a DVD. Try setting your output mpeg2 file to custom and crank up the bitrate as high as it will go.

5. albert_d

albert_d Member

thanks. bitrate justified at 8000 in pinnacle. and created a temp dvd on my drive. Also created a mpeg file with TMPenc bitrate8000 bit 10 with very high quality witch is the best solution regarding quality. after that also created a tmp dvd on my drive with SpruceUp. and indeed the quality is better.

Thanks.

albert_d