1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Capturing Camcorder footage

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by NWcub77, Jul 14, 2006.

1. NWcub77

NWcub77 Member

Hi everyone!

I've just come back from holiday and am in the process of capturing my footage from my DV Camcorder onto my PC in order to burn onto DVD. I have connected my camcorder to my PC with a Firewire cable and immediately used Windows Movie Maker. However when I played the footage back it was terrible so decided to use other software.

WinDVD creator was already installed on my PC so decided to use that. The footage was captured ok and each file was saved on my PC as an 'mpg'. I created the menu's, chapters, added music etc and on the preview it looked great! The DVD burnt without a problem so I immediately viewed it on my TV. However...

The quality at first seemed ok - the sound was fine, the quality of colours etc, but I noticed that when I was filmimg something moving or if the camera moved from side to side quickly the quality goes all blocky and fuzzy to the stage where it makes you feel sick just to watch it!! I also imported my saved movie into Nero and burnt to DVD and on playing it back on my TV it was the exact same problem..

I'm a complete beginner when it comes to computers so don't know whether its the mpg file type or the burning process. One thing I did notice was that just 1/2 hour of footage amounted to over 2GB..is that normal?!

If anyone can give me suggestions I would appreciate it,

Thanks

2. hermes_vb

hermes_vb Regular member

I wouldn't be surprised if 1/2 hour amounts to 2 Gigs. It all depends on the quality settings you chose for your recordings. About the other thing...Does the video looks crappy too if you play the video from your camcorder to your TV?

3. HelpPleas

HelpPleas Regular member

I use Pinnacles Studio 9. The quality is great!!