1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Capturing from S-Video

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by big11, Feb 21, 2005.

1. big11

big11 Member

So I'm new to capturing video so I bought a cheap Dazzle device off E-Bay (1st mistake;)). The video quality is not too bad but know where near the quality I would like. What is the best bang for my buck to capture video and sound at a high resolution without the sound and video being choppy. Right now the video is hazzie and when you full screen it and its pixalated:\ I would like the device to be able to capture the video and sound and render the video so I could burn it to DVD. I don't want too much:)> Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!

The device I purchased is a Super Digital Video Dazzle Series capture card. USB 2.0. The software is called TV Jukebox.

2. pfh

pfh Guest

Sounds like you might want to check out the Plextor PX-M402U or the tv unit of the same. You capturing tv or other source? These units are under $200- other methods start to get >$200. Just depends on your needs.

3. Igniting

Igniting Guest

I also bought one of those Super Digital Video Dazzle USB 2.0 and installing it locked up my WinXP system. Had to go back and restore from an earlier date. Am afraid to try it again. Any help out there on this? How does the TV input look for this??

4. big11

big11 Member

I was running S-Video and RCA's for sound and the picture was pretty clear but as soon as you choose to capture the video it does look a little rough! I did have two blue screens from the few times I used the device. I would make sure you have enough RAM and updated video driver.

But you never know how stable this 3rd party driver really is:\