1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Capturing from Sky+ (and Anal Cam)

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by MrBarlow, Feb 1, 2004.

1. MrBarlow

MrBarlow Member

Hi,
    I want to be able to capture stuff from my Sky+ HDD playback to my pc to burn using my DVDR.
    I also want to be able to capture from my analogue camcorder to the PC and save that to DVDR as well.

Will a single analogue capture card do both for me (ie is the Sky+ output analogue??) or can I get a dual input card that can capture digital AND analogue??...

And could anyone suggest a good card to buy?
    Thanks.

2. Watcher

Watcher Member

You can't capture anything from a Sky+ box digitally, only via its analogue outputs, either composite or RGB from the scarts, or S-Vid from the S-Vid + L&R audio phonos. Sky doesn't allow any form of digital output.

As such you need something like the Canopus 100 or ADS A/V Pyro box, both firewire and both over £200.

Or, as an alternative, get yourself a DVD recorder for not much more and be able to get excellent DVDs direct from both the Sky+ box (especially with RGB or S-Vid) and your analogue camcorder. These DVDs can either be left as is, or with the right software, read into your PC and edited and menued to your heart's content.

Watcher

3. Minion

Minion Senior member

There are Free To air Capture Cards Some are for captureing Free to Air Satalite signals and the are kinds that are supposed to capture Free to air Digital cable But I"m allmost 100% sure you will not get any sort of reception outside of Europe....