1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Capturing Image Files from VCD

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by NickB, Nov 1, 2004.

1. NickB

NickB Member

Hi

I have copied some movies onto a CD and i now wish to capture images from them which i would like to save as jpeg or something similar.

Is this possible and what do i need to do it? Would it be easier for me to do this before i copy them o CD in future and if so using which program

Nick

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

The easiest thing I can suggest is to watch the movie (e.g. with WMP or the excellent BSPlayer, try it!). After than pause tha movie at thepoint you see the image you want to keep, then do ALT+PRINT (this ay the whole computer screen will be saved into an image in the clipboard).
    Then open Paint, paste from the clipboard into it the screen, cut the part of the screen you want to keep (the WMP/BSPlayer screen, containing the point of the movie you want to keep), then save it.
    I am not able to save all images into tenths of thousands of JPGd [a movie is 23.976 fps - NTSC - or 25 - PAL - frames per second (fps): this means that you have 23.976/25 images for second into your movie! Just make a little calculation: length in minutes x 60 (min-->sec) x 23.976/25 (framerate for a NTSC/PAL movie) = # of images in the movie].