1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

capturing to unlead video studio with radeon 9600xt??

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by dreadlock, Mar 9, 2004.

1. dreadlock

dreadlock Member

hi im a total n00b to this and will appreciate any help you can give me:)
    i wish to capture in video game footage using unlead video studio and my radeon card which is a 9600xt but when i go to capture in unlead i get the message "either no video capture driver is installed on this systemm or, no device is connected" i have had a look around various forums and am guessing i need a codec but i dont know which 1 or maybe some other drivers??

any help would be appreciated thx
    chris

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

What you probably need is the WDM Capture Driver for your Card, This is a Different Driver than your Cards Display Driver...Have a Look in your Device Manager and if there is a Yellow Question Mark next to your Card of there is no WDM Capture Device installed then you need to download the WDM Driver from the ATI Web Site....Cheers

3. dreadlock

dreadlock Member

checked my device manager seems to be ok, and i've also now downloaded and insatlled the WDM driver. my pc's pretty new and before i've allways had nvidia cards this is my first radeon. is there a speacial way i need to install the wdm driver as i still have the same problem:(
    thx for your reply:)

4. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well there is supposed to be a Special Order you are supposed to use when installing the Drivers But I never had a problem installing them in any order as I also have a Radeon VIVO Card but it is a Little Bit older than your as it is a Radeon 7200 VIVO...Try useing the ATI MMC Software to capture as it Produces better Quality than Ulead Video Studio 7 and it is especially designed to work with ATI cards but I never had a Problem with any Direct Show or VFW Capture Program...Well it you can not get it working then you should maybe go to the ATI Site and download the Full Display Driver WDM Capture Driver Package and then Uninstall the Drivers for your Card and then re-install the Card useing the Instructions posted on the ATI web site useing the Driver package and then see if it works...Well good Luck....Cheers

5. dreadlock

dreadlock Member

thx alot for your time will try that:)

6. dreadlock

dreadlock Member

need help!

i've now tried the install by following the guides at ATI site i uninstalled the display drivers rebooted then installed the WDM driver and then after installed the latest display drivers im still getting the same problem i've run the ATI media test and its saying i have no capture driver installed arrgghhhh this is a link to pic of the WDM driver problem the test found:
    http://root.df-warzone.co.uk/web-root/images/WDM.gif
    help

Last edited: Mar 10, 2004
  7. Minion

Minion Senior member

Try going into your Device Manager to "ATI Rage Theater Video" and right click it and go to "Update Driver" ,you should do this with all of the Devices associated with your Radeon card..Every Time I update my cards Driver the Driver will Install Byt my card will not Use the Driver untill I do this...Good Luck