1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

capturing vhs to dvd?

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by Butintoa, Aug 10, 2007.

1. Butintoa

Butintoa Member

I am using cyberlink powerdirector v6 to convert my vhs into dvd. I am having problems with the sound being off by 3 to 4 secs so it looks weird like a old kungfu movie also the lighting is too bright. I tried to fix with the color scheme but no help. I want to convert my wedding video to dvd so that the mildew so not destroy them, any suggestions?

i am also using dazzle* digital video creator 80 to run my vhs machine into my laptop so that I can store on hard drive then burn using nero 7.

Is there another way to do this or am I just missing the how to issues. I am new so please be polite on the response. I am kind of an oldtimer learning the new age so again thanks
    thank you for your help and comments

2. Bremen

Bremen Guest

the easiest way I have found to convert VHS to DVD is with a standalone DVD burner. hook up your VCR and record your tapes straight to DVD. its alot faster than video software which makes you capture it then edit it and then render and burn.(which can take hours)

as far as video and audio not being in sync...

from what i have read this is b/c your monitors refresh rate and your tvs refresh rate are not the same. (someone correct me if im wrong) therefore cause audio to lag behind video. also the format to which you capture it and how big files are.

stand alones can also be bought with VCRs in them so its a single unit. again just easier to push record and come back later then to mess with the computer all day.

hope it helps

3. Butintoa

Butintoa Member

Thanks I will give that a shot so i don't have to mess around with the editing issues