1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

car insurence

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by rihgt682, Mar 4, 2006.

1. rihgt682

rihgt682 Regular member

I'm sorry if this is stupid forum but i just wanted to know if i got rip off or now. I'm 16 1/2 and my parents added me the insurence to there car. I pay $615 every 6months. Is this a good deal. No, i did not get discount for being smart.

2. djscoop

djscoop Active member

for being 16, thats a very good deal. just don't get any tickets or accidents, or that good eal will skyrocket. I am 24, and I got a DUI two years ago. I pay $300 a MONTH for car insurance.

3. rihgt682

rihgt682 Regular member

4. djscoop

djscoop Active member

I don't think you'll get a ticket from that.

5. rihgt682

rihgt682 Regular member

What would i get than?

6. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

you're free and clear, dude. just be careful from now on.

7. ireland

ireland Active member

8. evilh0ly

evilh0ly Regular member

howdy partners

One time i went up to Masschusett during night time i mean like 3.00am
    i was doin 90 on a 65 zone and out of no where a state trooper came and pull me over i know i'm gonna get a ticket but what's surprising is that it's $330 i was like why he said it's construction zone but don't know why my insurance didn't went up maybe i'm from Connecticut, but one thing that's for sure i will never go up to Mass again.

remember that
    even though no one's working there it's still construction zone!!

Last edited: Mar 4, 2006
  9. rihgt682

rihgt682 Regular member

@ireland
    How is this same thread? This is about my car insurece. I just wanted to know if i was getting ripped off that's all.

10. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

615 aint to bad for a kid your age i pay about one fourth of that lol

11. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

speaking of car insurance, my rates are about to go up. i was taking the lola out to dinner last night, and was driving on the new section of highway near my house (and i was doing the speed limit for a change!) when deer ran across the road. the guy in front of me hit on in the hips and sent it several feet through the air and off the road. as soon as we saw that, a deer head appeared in my window and thump. this stuff:

The Main Impact
    [​IMG]

A Little Closer to the Deered Fender
    [​IMG]

and so, the sucker bounced off my front fender and hit my passenger door, taking the driver's mirror as he went:

More Busted Stuff
    [​IMG]

Little White Fur Present
    [​IMG]

yes, those are my feet in the last picture. how much do you guys think it would run me to get this fixed at a good body shop without reporting it to my insurance?

*edit*
    from the looks of it, there's no frame damage or anything such as that. even the headlight housing is intact. the front fender and two doors would need to be replaces, and there's a small dent in the hood, but other than some paint, that's it.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2006
  12. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

Auslander, looks like all you need to replace is the front quarter panel ,they should be able to pound out the other damage ,i would say your looking at 1000 to 1500 dollars damage.

13. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

i'm going to go get some estimates on monday. if it stays about about a grand to 1500, i'll drain my savings a bit and do that, as it will wind up being more with insurance when it's all said and done. i hope that's all.

<rant>
    this really pisses me off. ya work so hard to take care of your car, keeping it clean, maintained, driving it easy, babying it, and something like this happens that is in no way your fault, and there's nothing you can really do about it or to prevent it. it's just so goddamn irritating. and don't even let me get started on insurance companies. feck.
    <end_rant>

i'm really just hoping the color can be matched (it's a pretty rare shade with metallic flake) and that the lines come out pretty straight.

14. Polyarny

Polyarny Regular member

i agree with aabbccdd auslander, a good body shop should be able to hammer out the dents in the side panels, its probably just the front quater panel that will need replacing. and the paint, if you dont go to hardings for the body work deffinately go for the paint, and ask for tony, he is a really good painter, and he'll take care to make sure the color and lines match perfectly. although you may have to wait a week cause hes in daytona.

15. ireland

ireland Active member

I hope i do not make ye guys feel bad,i my insurance is called electric insurance,i have and 2005 explorer full coverage i pay for a year is around $725.00 full tort..ye can check them out
    here
    1-800-227-2757

16. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

$1300 per year for full coverage on a 2004 Nissan Titan and my wife's 2001 Montero Sport...When I was a youngin like yerself I paid about $115 per month so it sounds reasonable to me.

17. evilh0ly

evilh0ly Regular member

insurance are based on where you live see in the tri states area i know the insurances cost a fortune but my uncle up in Mass pay only like one third of what he used to pay in CT,

my buddy in TN a brand new galant full coverage cost him only $900 per year if you're in NYC and you can be the best and cleaniest driver it will still runs you near $2000 and that's if you're like a good driver.

insurance vaires states from states mostly base on the standard of living on that particular state or area.
    for example Norhtern NY vs Southern NY
    dirt cheap sky high

Aus good luck on finding the cheapest body shop.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2006
  18. rihgt682

rihgt682 Regular member

is there anyway to make my insurence cheaper? cause $615 is still to much for me.

19. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

probably not ,other than riding a bike and droping it lol

20. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

Look into a defensive driving course or driver ed...some insurance give discounts if those coarses are taken. Some also give discounts for longevity and good grades...however if you are a guy, you might not see a decrease until you turn 25.