1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Car Subwoofer and Amp for home use

Discussion in 'Receivers and amplifiers' started by dil_king, Aug 6, 2012.

1. dil_king

dil_king Member

Hi everyone and I need your help I buying a sub and amp from BESTBUY.CA and the web id is 10170537 im located in canada and I want to use this in my house and i have seen youtube videos where you do it with car battery but I wanna do this with a computer power supply the amp is rated at 400 watts RMS at 2 ohms and the sub is Single 4 ohm voice coil - 300 watts so would a 450 watt power supply be enough and how would i go on about hooking this up so please if you can help me.

2. JST1946

JST1946 Regular member

A 450 watt power supply isn't even enough.That's why they use a car battery because it sucks a lot of amps.You need to see how many amps the amplifier consumes.

3. dil_king

dil_king Member

would it say on the amp how much amps it draws ? and if i used car battery how long would the battery last me

Last edited: Aug 6, 2012
  4. JST1946

JST1946 Regular member

I would think they would have that information in the specifications.I would imagine the battery would last a long time if you had it hooked up to a charger all the time.A charger that shuts off automatically after the battery is fully charged would probably work.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2012
  5. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

need more then 450watt psu unless is damn good namebrand psu.