1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Car Subwoofers to Home stereo subwoofers?

Discussion in 'Receivers and amplifiers' started by wiiguy, Jun 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iluvendo

iluvendo Active member

2. sindbaad

sindbaad Member

Hi Dj Scoop,
    i am not sure if you understood my question. I was not referring to center speaker. My query was about the left and the right front speakers.

3. sindbaad

sindbaad Member

4. iluvendo

iluvendo Active member

5. djscoop

djscoop Active member

oh my bad. well the front three speakers in general are the most important, the back surround ones add the depth of being in a theatre. they're all important to create a full surround sound effect.

6. nlaxd

nlaxd Guest

How do i power a crossover like this: Is this the right type of crossover to use if I want to use my 2 12" car audio subs connected to an old school home theater stereo receiver with no sub output? I already have them connected in a series and am just trying to figure out the crossover part. Can some sort of adapter be bought at radioshack?

7. nlaxd

nlaxd Guest

I've seen where I can power the crossover with a computer power supply (http://www.ehow.com/how_4448174_subwoofer-computer-home-theater-system.html). They power an amp in the article but I assume a crossover would be the same since they're both 12V and have GRND, 12V+, and REM terminals. I still would like to know if the kind of crossover in my previous post would work? I believe it has high and low pass outputs. Do i need to connect both outputs? How would I connect that to my stereo receiver? I want to run both speakers and my car subs from the receiver so I would assume i need to connect both, but i'm no expert.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.