1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Card Reader not Reconigzed

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by Gizmo101, Feb 15, 2008.

1. Gizmo101

Gizmo101 Member

When i plug my card reader into the USB it displays it on my computer but when i go to open it it gives me a message "please insert disk into drive G" could someone please help me.

I have been to device manager and everything is fine there. I have tried to formatt it aand it wont let me. Anyone got any ideas??

2. Sandy22

Sandy22 Member

you need to change the drive letter

try these steps

click Start, and then click Control Panel. Click Performance and Maintenance, click Administrative Tools, and then double-click Computer Management.

Open Computer Management (Local).
    In the console tree, click Disk Management.

Computer Management (Local)
    Storage
    Disk Management

Right-click a partition, logical drive, or volume, and then click Change Drive Letter and Paths.
    Do one of the following:
    To assign a drive letter, click Add, click the drive letter you want to use, and then click OK.
    To modify a drive letter, click it, click Change, click the drive letter you want to use, and then click OK.
    To remove a drive letter, click it, and then click Remove.
    Important

Be careful when making drive-letter assignments because many MS-DOS and Windows programs make references to a specific drive letter. For example, the path environment variable shows specific drive letters in conjunction with program names.
    Notes

To open Computer Management, click Start, and then click Control Panel. Click Performance and Maintenance, click Administrative Tools, and then double-click Computer Management.