1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

card sharing via satalite dish (ireland)

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by spinners, Mar 15, 2010.

1. dub12dave

dub12dave Regular member

Ok this is where I am now, after yesterday and about 10 hours googling and asking jeeves I am still no further than I was, so rather than fooking the box out the window I done a factory reset and scanned the astra sat and I have all channels loaded but just can watch the usual free stations, my problems are

1 cant seem to get the box to connect to the laptop or internet

2 when following the guide in piopats post #36 on the third pic I dont have the option to download and install, my options are
    Download gemini server
    Download my server
    Set up
    Manual Install
    Delete

Also when I am in Communication setup I only have these options

DHCP which has a green tick
    IP
    Netmask
    Nameserver
    Gateway
    Enable Network
    Web Interface Port......set at 80
    Where is the type box

No matter what I try in here it keeps saying Network setup is not ok

All I have done to the box is factory reset, scanned for channels nothing else also when I turn on the box I get the GP logo no software version is written on it.

Please what do I need to do, I have no router just a crossover cable from laptop to box.

Please if you can help me.

2. rooney123

rooney123 Regular member

Mate download flash fxp go to quick connect which you will find on the top it the symbol of a lighting flash in server or url put 192.168.0.3 in user name put root in password put dreambox..Now go to communication set on box untick dhcp and in ip put 192.168.0.3 and press green to save and now go back to flash fxp and hit connect

3. rooney123

rooney123 Regular member

Are you trying to put a image or a cline on the box..Sorry i might be confussing you..What i told you is for connecting to the box to put the cline in

4. dub12dave

dub12dave Regular member

Tried that it says connection failed, connection timed out.

5. dub12dave

dub12dave Regular member

Not to sure just trying to get this set up

6. rooney123

rooney123 Regular member

Are u using a crossover cable.. Make sure your cable is saying connected on your laptop if not go to connections on your laptop and local aera connections and see is your cable connecting

7. dublinda

dublinda Member

Could the Moderator Merge this or Close this Post all the information people are looking for is already been discussed here

Piopat has a great Post with all the information needed and has made it easy for everyone to understand.
    This post is just repeating the same

Last edited: Jun 25, 2010
  8. dub12dave

dub12dave Regular member

If the info I'm looking for was there I would use it

9. SG8

SG8 Active member

You are being sent around in circles here, you already have the image on the box, so you just need to FTP the Cline in correctly.

10. dublinda

dublinda Member

Why not just PM piopat he'll explain what your doing wrong have another read of his Post it's there

11. SG8

SG8 Active member

This is where the problem is arising ( I think!!), if you set the box to use DHCP, and then restart it while connected to the laptop is it assigning an IP address to the box ??

If it is then just ping the IP address from the laptop to check it is connecting.

12. dub12dave

dub12dave Regular member

This is where I am now

I have downloaded and installed NabiloDM500-v 08-maxvar.img using Dream up.

I couldn't find darkstar 11.

I am now in Nabilo Downloads Manager....When I press ok on Nabilo Image Cams I am getting this message..... Sorry, Connection to server refused, check your network settings

This has me baffled as I have tried most of today to fix this and I cant, but I feel I am really close to the finishing line so I am not giving up, has anyone got any advice?

Please remember I have no router and am using a crossover cable from laptop to box.

Thanking you all so, so much for any replies.

13. SG8

SG8 Active member

I am not sure if you are even reading the posts that people are making on here to help you, did you restart the box and check the IP address etc. ?

If the box is not connecting to the laptop, it is definitely not connecting to the server, so until you get that sorted you wont get any further.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2010
  14. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

all fine and good to load an image using crossover cable. however if you have no router how do you expect to connect the dreambox to the internet so you can download a cam. obviously you will get a 'connection to server refused' as the box has no internet connectivity

15. Kiaora

Kiaora Member

You can share you internet connection via the laptop like this but it takes a little bit of tweaking to do it and is not easy, thats why a router is highly recommended.

16. Mooley

Mooley Regular member

Have a feeling the poster has not set up Internet sharing on laptop/p.c. hence no internet connection on dreambox. Just go to network connections in control panel and right click your network device (Not the wireless dongle or your LAN but whatever controller is listed, mine is 1394 Net adapter) and select 'Properties' and then click on the 'Advanced' tab and tick the box in 'Internet Connection Sharing' saying 'Allow other network users to connect blah, blah, blah and 'Apply' and you should be sorted. That doesn't work do the same in your network connections for whatever devices are listed.

17. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

tiz true mooley.

18. dub12dave

dub12dave Regular member

Ok so I have got a router etc and have internet connection on the box and I have followed piopats guide all the way, but when I put in the cline, exit and save, reboot the box I still dont have all the stations, What did I do wrong, can I try something else?

The cline was only got today so I know that is is valid, please if you can help me.

19. piopat

piopat Active member

have you set cccam as your default cam ? .

20. dub12dave

dub12dave Regular member

When I press the blue button it says default cccam 2.1.3

Piopat I have been reading you helping a guy called 'tutu' do you think that I should try what he done?

Last edited: Jun 27, 2010